Linn County CAN
PO Box 905
Albany, Oregon 97321
Position: Program Coordinator
Supervisor: Linn Co. United Way CEO
The Program Coordinator has responsibility for the development, implementation and management of awareness and prevention programs for Linn County working in co-ordination with members of the Linn County CAN members.
Principle Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Coordinate and maintain records of all Linn County CAN committee and subcommittee meetings
· Assist in coordinating county wide Child Abuse activities which include:
o Prevention programs
o Media awareness opportunities
o Child Abuse Summit for Linn County to be held each April
· Reach out to rural communities to assist them in coordinating individual communities
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
· Identify and apply for funding opportunities that will enable Linn County Can to implement a strong awareness and prevention program.
· Work with the Linn County Can to develop a strategic plan with three and five year goals.
· Identify and cultivate volunteers to assist in county wide child abuse activities.
· Work with the United Way of Linn County to maintain all records required for financial reports, grant funding sources and all legal obligations of Lin Co. CAN
· Develop and manage the production and printing of all brochures, fliers, and materials needed to implement program.
· Other duties as assigned
Skills Required include but are not limited to:
· Must be an independent and self- motivated person
· Must be flexible to attend meetings and function within the communities of Linn County to include some evenings and weekends
· Be able to achieve results when confronted with major responsibilities and limited resources
· Possess strong computer skills to include word, excel or access, document publishing program, power point and other necessary tracking programs
· Be able to work effectively with a wide variety of agencies, businesses and individuals to insure communities become educated and engaged in the effort to stop child abuse.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excel in dealing with the public and diverse populations
· Proven grant writing experience preferred
· A minimum of 2 years managing a program
· Valid Oregon Drivers License and ability to be insured
· Ability to pass background check
· Committed to the purpose of Child Abuse awareness and prevention to protect the children of Linn County
· Strong interpersonal and administrative skills
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org